Houzan Mahmoud is a women's rights campaigner and political activist from Iraqi Kurdistan.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
- Name: Houzan Mahmoud
- Location: London, United Kingdom
Houzan Mahmoud is a Kurdish women’s rights campaigner, and representative of the Organisations of Women's Freedom in Iraq. She was born in Iraqi Kurdistan in 1973 and currently residing in London. Her articles were published in UK publications including The Independent and The Guardian, The Tribune, The Newstatsman and others. Houzan led many campaigns internationally, including campaigns against the rape and abduction of women in Iraq, and against the imposition of Islamic sharia law in Kurdistan and Iraqi constitution. She led many other campaigns around the world against so called honour killings, and against violation of freedom of expression. She has written many articles about the situation of women in Iraq, Kurdistan and Middle East, which have been translated into and published in many languages.
- Seminar for Houzan Mahmoud at the University of L...
- Thanks to our comrade Michael Eisenscher in the US...
- Campaign to Stop Polygamy in Kurdistan-Iraq
- Videos of Remember Du'a Conference in London
- My interview about Honour Killings in Iraq and Kur...
- My article for 8 March international Women's Day
- Seminar in London on Kurdish women
- Report on the London conference to remember Du’a K...
- A poster in memory of Du'a
- A conference in london to Remember Du'a Khalil